White Collection

Sunday 2 January 2011

What a difference a little daylight makes !

I promised a better glimpse at my white vases, and Mother Nature delivered.


Not a massive collection... yet. The two round ones I think I never blogged about, even though I did post some photos on my Flickr page (here, here and here). They are Kaiser porcelain, marked and signed by M. Frey.

A little more detail of the very delicate pattern.

And on a totally unrelated note, the plant certainly needs a "haircut". It's going all hippie on me.

Now the big, tall fella is part of my most recent thrift haul. It's a Royal Porzellan Bavaria KPM vase, 34 cm high and at only 6 eur a very welcome addition to my evergrowing stash of West German ceramics.

Like the others, this one isn't glazed either (at least not on the outside). And I love the rough texture. Reminds me a little bit of cookie dough. Yum.

A bit of a wider view. Maybe I'll eventually achieve a faboulous monochrome decor à la Brick House or Kitka Design Toronto ? But somehow I doubt that. And in any case, I'm already very proud to have matched the stereo with the vases and some of the artwork. Ha !

Note to self though : I definitely need to tackle the "vignetting" on the upper shelves.

And finally a little to-do to wrap this post up. This one reminds me that I really need to hang my She & Him poster. Why is it still leaning on the shelf ? God only knows.

And dude, the coffee table ? How long have I been meaning to refurbish it ? Probably since I first got it in 2006, almost 5 years ago...

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the She & Him poster too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel Kay ! I got the She & Him poster (and the other two already up on the wall) from The Small Stakes Poster Shop - in case you would like to have one for yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the plants. they look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I new on your blog and so happy I found it! great source of inspiration. I'd like more informations about your bookshelf please (not the Tomado!). Thank you and congrats for your beatifull job.

    ReplyDelete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger