Happy New Year !

Saturday 1 January 2011

First of, let me wish you and your loved ones a beautiful 2011, full of happiness, good health, laughter and of course very rewarding home reno & deco projects :-)

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays ?! Mine were quiet and utterly uneventful. But let me just tell you this much, I am very relieved to be starting a new year. Yup, in my book 2010 sucked. Totally. I am just very grateful to have made it through it and to be done with it!

But at least the ebay gods were smiling on me one more time and 2010 did end in one last score.

A Tivoli Audio hi-fi system in white and silver, composed of their Model Two radio and their Model CD.

In Belgium these things retail around 650 eur. And even though I have been drooling over them for the longest time, I could never bring myself to spend such an insane amount of money on a hi-fi.

Along came ebay and I picked up this beauty for half the retail price ! Yes, still a LOT of money, but when you have lived with this monster of a hi-fi for the last 20 years, you're allowed to go crazy...

I'm so happy I got a bit carried away and took about a million pictures. All very grainy because of the gloomy weather. But hell, here we go.


In honour of my Tivoli acquisition, I also decided to move my collection of white West-German porcelain from the bedroom to the Cadovius shelves. I think all the white looks very neat together.


This is the best picture I could manage. Hopefully we will get more light in the next couple of days and I will be able to post more details.

And don't forget, you can still win these fabulous BFK bowls. Just check it out here.

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year! (your home is looking lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you!...Your pics are fabulous. Love the white porcelain, actually it all looks beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that loooks wonderful
    vintage heaven with a touch of modern

    wishing you a sparkling 2011

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you all ! And a very Happy New Year to you guys too !

    ReplyDelete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger