Flea market scores (2)

Sunday 3 February 2013


As mentioned in my previous post, the thrift gods have been smiling on me lately and I managed to bring home some super cute additions to my ceramic collection(s).

First off, this retro handle-less Waechtersbach mug, found for 1 eur, and now keeping in check some of my office supplies.


Red seems to be the colour of the moment. As is the 1 eur price tag... This famous Arabia Finland jam pot was also mine for that whopping amount.


This merits a bit of a wider view of the growing Scandinavian collection.


Speaking of Arabia Finland. Say hello to my newest find, which also came home for - you've guessed it ! - 1 eur.


This unmarked ceramic wall plate however was an outrageous 2.64 eur, haggled down from 6 eur with my favourite technique. A large smile and getting the seller to accept the spare change left in your wallet. In this case 2.64 eur.


Overview. 

Pffffff, that's a lot of collecting.


And last but not least, a classic - "weniger aber besser" - Braun design. This 12-cup coffee maker was mine for 3 eur, required some moderate cleaning, and is in perfect working condition.

Of course since taking these pictures over a week ago, I've already acquired more wonderful finds. For which I totally blame this weekend's trip to trendy Antwerpen - and this morning's fleamarket visit...

11 comments:

  1. Oh, you lucky, lucky girl!! Stuff like that for a euro a piece is just unbelievable! I love everything, wish I had a Braun coffee maker like that, love that German rational design! And the Arabia.... say no more! Your growing Scandi- collection is amazing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What make is the lovely owl and pussycat on your top shelf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two were made by Hornsea Pottery, a British post-war manufacturer, and designed by John Clappison.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Just hat-tipped you on my blog as kickstarting my pottery obsession...

      Delete
  3. so jealous! Around here there are no fleamarkets/ car boot sales over winter and all the nice things on the known vintage markets in London are overpriced. Can't wait for the season to start so I can go hunting again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I used to have that exact coffee machine when I lived in Berlin. It helped me through many tired mornings. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great finds! arabia for 1€, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the shelf arrangement. So colourful!
    I have been lucky of late, bit of Catherineholm and a really large Arabia jug. Makes life sweet!
    Keep sharing your finds. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. been to an absolutely amazing market in Wiesbaden, Germany today. German pottery and especially vases everywhere. So if you ever come to this area...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip ! I'll definetly be adding Wiesbaden to my list of top vintage destinations :-) No kidding, I think I only bother traveling to a place if there's some interesting fleamarkets !

      Delete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger