Antwerpen & Dubieus Design

Sunday 10 February 2013


Last weekend I decided to leave my usual Brussels (thrift) hunting grounds and explore the Dutch-speaking part of the country.


Aaah Antwerpen ! Not for nothing the fashion and design capital of Belgium. 
As you can see, once you step off the train you're immediately greeted by that particular Antwerpen aptitude to turn anything into pure coolness. Case in point, this stylish - and I thought very successful - renovation of the classic 19th century Central station.

Ok that's it for the sightseeing part ! Let's talk vintage.


The winter edition of the Dubieus Design market was what mostly drew my attention. Obviously...


OMG, so many amazing things to choose from...


...ceramic heaven...



... like this stunning Amphora Perignem ceramic bull. I didn't even dare look at the price tag on this one. Hhmm maybe I should have ?!


... and a fantastic example of West German "fat lava" pottry...


Oooh and if I hadn't already overdosed on vintage bliss, I also had to check this fabulous retro shop in the Kloosterstraat area.

Of course I didn't come home empty-handed...

And now to your calendars. If you're looking for an excuse to discover Antwerpen, Dubieus Design is also holding a summer edition of its retro and design market at the end of June. I'm told it's even bigger, better and more tempting.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Shoot. I was a way in Germany this weekend. Otherwise I would have loved to meet up in beautiful Antwerpen :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that really looks like vintage heaven!! Can't wait to find out what came home with you!
    The Dubieus Design in June sounds very tempting... I lived one year in Belgium and would looove to go back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore your blog because you combine interior decorationn with pets.

    I try to do the same in :
    http://homeiswherethedachshundis.blogspot.be

    At this moment I'm still an absolute blog-beginner and therefore rather pathetic with only 12 members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank U Brigitte ! I was reading up on your home and your cats :-) How is Lola doing ?

      Delete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger