Weekend To Do

Saturday 24 August 2013

Ok guys. Are you ready for the truth ? This is what my living room looks like 90% of the time. Messy. Unstylish. A disaster zone.

Like total DI-SAS-TER zone ! I haven't been able to use the dining table since 2012. Probably part of the reason I now have a table in the kitchen. Anyway. Back to the point.

One of my favourite bloggers - Anna from Door Sixteen - sometimes has these "Weekend to do" posts, which I always find incredibly motivating. Even hip New Yorkers, such as Anna, don't just spend their weekends sipping vegan beverages, shopping in designer boutiques and walking tiny dogs... but instead struggle keeping up with housework. For an untrendy slacker like me, I find that somewhat reassuring.

Again anyway. I thought I'd my own little to do for this weekend :
  1. TIDY UP THE LIVING ROOM ! Obviously.
  2. Prepare ebay posts for some of the unwanted Tomado shelves. And other stuff where appropriate.
  3. Tidy up the rest of the place.
  4. Vacuum like there's no tomorrow. I've just come back from 10 days in the UK and there's cat hair EVERYWHERE. Side note: I do need to follow Merle's advice and invest in a furminator...
  5. Do the laundry. Technically there's still a basket left to do, but I've run out of space to hang stuff. So I consider myself done for now.
  6. Clean the litter boxes.
  7. Prepare and eat courgette fritters. Miam.
  8. Listen to The Bugle podcast.
Wally is keeping an eye on my progress.

Also I'm planning on posting some "After" pics here tomorrow evening. Fingers crossed.


Update Monday morning - Yeah. About those "After" photos. Not gonna happen... By the time I finished last night, it was already getting too dark to shoot decent pics. Plus, not everything was as tidy as I would have wished : laundry was still drying in the living room, piles of paper still need to be sorted on the dining table, massive bags full of stuff are waiting to be taken to the goodwill... You get the picture.

But still. That was one hell of a productive weekend !

Also. Look what the cat dragged in.

 My latest ebay score has arrived. Any guesses ?

4 comments:

  1. such a beautiful mess! we already followed merle's advice and bought the furminator! best buy! enjoy your weekend despite your to-do-list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stylishness is shining through no matter what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ich tippe auf eine neue lampe, bin gespannt! bei mir sieht es im schlafzimmer gerne mal etwas chaotisch aus, da landet erstmal alles, was nicht gebraucht wird....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree, this is such a great mess! I really don't believe in homes that are styled 100% of the time. Life is happening! ;) About the furminator- I don't have cats, but I have a dog that sheds like crazy and the furminator has been helping A LOT! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger