Achieved so far :
- living room - painted (mostly); furniture moved around and finally in satisfying setting; and decluttering process well under way
- fireplace - done
- office area - moved, but cable situation remains unsolved
- bedroom - new furniture in place, old furniture rearranged and art installed
- bathroom - painted (almost) and decluttered
Still in wait :
- living room - paint the fourth "wall". I am putting wall between inverted commas, because it's not really a wall, but mostly made of windows and one huge radiator. So I am leaving the fiddly bit for last... and next year
- living room - paint trims
- living room - thrift and buy new/old round teak table, as I have come to realise that the current rectangular table is way too big for the tiny space; added bonus : once I have an appropriate table, hang up the Berlin vacation souvenir PH5 knock-off lamp
- bathroom - eventually get around to touch up the paint. Yep, the bulk has been done for two months now, but I still have to hide some tiny specks of the old paint lurking here and there...
- bathroom - in the distant (and hopefully financially less uncertain) future, get a new floor !
- balconies - get rid of semi-dead summer plantations (you got to hand it to climate change, geraniums flowering in winter...), trim, clean and eventually plant winter flowers
- all over, reorganise cupboard contents ! That's going to be a massive one...
- definitetly all over, get the "vignetting" "right", as far as that is possible. Plus improve the equally dreaded "window treatments". Another weird word...
- favourite to do : Christmas tree ! Youppieeee !
And last but certainly not least : CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN
PS. Tiny peak into one of my accomplishments - this one I really enjoyed :-)
PPS. Hopefully I will be able to take some good photos this weekend, as the "daylight" in Brussels has been almost non-existing for the past month. I am exaggerating of course, but sometimes it does feel like I live in Scandinavia - minus the cold, the snow, the beautiful people and the fabulous design.