Living Room corner update

Saturday 13 April 2013

Pfffff, it's been a crazy few weeks - with work, my English family coming over for a visit, celebrating my Oma's 98th birthday... and I'm kind of glad to be spending this weekend quietly at home, cuddling the cats.

Although stress levels have run high, I did manage to squeeze in a bit of house futzing and succeeded to give the dreaded living room corner a more appealing appearance.

Let's sum up. Back in March...

And now... Can you spot the differences ?

I followed the thoughtful suggestions of commentor Allycatz and switched the shelves and West German pottery around. 
I also moved some old issues of Elle Decoration and Living etc out of the bedroom and closer to my favourite reading corner. Hopefully having them at hand will make me more inclinded to flip through them one more time, before chucking them out.

All in all not a major change and I still find it looks a bit too cluttered. But unless I magically morph from hoarder to minimalist, I'll just have to accept the way things are ! And in any case, I'm much happier with how this area looks now.

As I commented in last post, I was hoping to acquire a fabulous vintage fiber wall hanging. Which would have been just perfect instead of the antique lithograph... 

But alas, while I was still debating how big an offer I was willing to make - given the € 50 shipping fees (of course, such awesomeness can only be found in the US...) - somebody else snatched it up. 

F**ck F**ck F**ck!!! I can't believe I missed out on such a find !

Sigh. So while I'm back to obsessively stalking ebay, I'll have to be content with this lovely 70s(?) bird tile I found for € 5 at the Brussels flea market a few weeks ago.

Some close-ups of the left and right side of the Tomado shelves to round up this post and close the topic (for now).

And now I'm off to some leisurely house cleaning and decluttering. And if the weather holds, I might even to some much needed spring cleaning on the balconies.

What have you planned this weekend ?

11 comments:

  1. soo beautiful!!
    die sprecherin im beitrag ist typisch für RTL, die zuständige redakteurin war zum glück sehr symphatisch, wenn sie auch meine ausdrückliche erklärung zum thema retro/vintage anscheinend komplett vergessen hat und gisbert rausgeschnitten wurde.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally nailed it, your corner looks amazing, I'm drooling over all your beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did nail it! As I said, I liked it before, but now I just love it! Such a small change, but with great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your living room is classy and beautiful and we love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about your space...and i have an Etsy site you may be interested in...it doesn't list shipping outside of the US...but, I'm open to shipping everywhere...just need to calculate...

    Thanks for giving it a look.

    www.soulpretty.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that I got a shout out on your blog! I dig the new bird tile and I must say that I think I was a little too harsh on the lithograph as I really like it in the space now! So sorry about your e-bay loss. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this epic Carstens round orange floor vase back in 2010... *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. ich hab gute erfahrung mit autopolitur, z.b turtle wax bei emaille gemacht. damit bekommt auch sehr gut kleine kratzer und diese verfärbungen von metalllöffeln etc. weg. allerdings bin ich skeptisch, ob das auch bei deinem problem klappt? ich hab bei einigen deckeln so matte stellen, sieht aus, als wäre da etwas drüber gelaufen und jetzt ist es matt. habe ich nicht wegbekommen. das der ganze topf beim kochen matt wird, finde ich wirklich merkwürdig, ich nutze auch meine quistgaardtöpfe ganz normal, ist bisher nix passiert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful! Such a good feeling for matching colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too are on the fibre art hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from youfriv Games online 2020
    Jogos live
    friv game


    Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020


    Jogos 2019
    friv free online Games
    free online friv Games


    jogos online 2019
    play Games friv
    school friv

    ReplyDelete

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger