Kitchen improvement

Tuesday, 11 May 2010

I don't think I have shown you anything from my kitchen yet, have I ? Let me correct this.


Like most of my place, the kitchen is in a bit of a state for the moment. Admittedly that's probably the understatement of the year, but I really wanted to take some photos before daylight was gone completely. So no time to do any cleaning, editing, tidying - only the inconvenient truth.

I have big plans for this room - which mostly involve repainting it in green - in
The Little Greene "Eau de Nil" to be precise. No hesitation there, for once ! That blob of light colour on the wall next to the Tomado hanging shelf, that's me testing...

But the main reason for all this turmoil is that I had a dishwasher installed this morning !!! Wanna guess where it's hiding ?


Yep, it's one of those fully built-in affairs... It took the kitchen guys two full hours of hard work breaking up the cupboards to actually fit it in. Plus some light plumbing work to create an outlet for the used waters...



Anyway here we are. No more doing the dishes, no more piles of dirty crockery and pots... I am going to have the tidiest kitchen ever !


To celebrate I started to invest in some new dinnerware. Bye bye mismatched thrift finds. Hello brand new and dishwasher safe dishes. I mean I can't possibly risk destroying any of my 50's or 60's plates in the dishwasher, right ? Right !

Marimekko's
In Good Company Oiva dishes were the runner-up for the longest time, but in the end I decided to settle for the more classic (and less likely to get bored of) Iittala Bottna.

Purchased so far - 3 soup plates & 1 bowl - for a total of - ehhhem - almost 120 EUR.

Holly cow, who knew that new dishes could be soooo expensive ? Lucky I had the 30 EUR gift voucher from work to sweeten the deal. But for the future, I plan on buying online. The
FinnishDesignShop carries the whole collection and is way cheaper (even with a 15 EUR shipping fee).

1 comments:

Fat Cat All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger